- Planning &
- Curriculum Design &
- Data Teams®
Raising the Bar on Instructional Excellence
We partner with schools and districts to support leadership development in making rigor, relevance, and engagement a reality in every classroom.
Through our Collaborative Instructional Review Process we help transform every principal into a powerful instructional leader, capable of unlocking the instructional power of every teacher and, in turn, the learning potential of every student.
The Collaborative Instructional Review Process equips leaders to provide impactful coaching to teachers by:
- Establishing and communicating clear expectations around student learning, instructional excellence, and effective practice.
- Defining a common voice and shared vocabulary for rigorous, relevant, and engaging instruction.
- Supporting every teacher in continuously improving instruction through targeted feedback, reflective practice, and ongoing application.
- Creating a collaborative relationship in which teachers feel supported rather than evaluated.
- Embracing a formative process through which teachers receive ongoing feedback throughout the year.
CREATE THE PLAN
We kick off the CIR process by partnering with the leadership team to build a systemwide approach to teacher support. This planning lays the foundation for how to effectively position and implement a collaborative approach to teacher growth and student learning by:
- Creating a culture and building common focus around teacher selection, support, and continu ous improvement.
- Establishing expectations for professional growth and progress.
- Reviewing district policies for teacher induction, selection, and support.
- Identifying the individuals who will conduct walkthroughs and coach teachers.
BUILD THE CULTURE
Through our intensive leadership courses, ICLE coaches assist in establishing the foundation:
- Creating a Systemwide Approach to Teacher Support
- Collaborating for Instructional Excellence
- Communicating with Effectiveness to Increase Student Learning
- Establishing a Clear Focus and Taking Action with Observation Data
The CIR Process is:
- Grounded in rigor, relevance, and relationships
- Guided by common expectations
- Driven by data
SHARPEN THE SKILLS
An ICLE coach accompanies each leader on a series of observation visits to build accuracy. Using the online system to identify rigor, relevance, and engagement, the coach and leader compare their results. As the coach works with the leader, modeling what to look for in each classroom, the two become calibrated.
SUSTAIN THE IMPACT
Like any new initiative, implementing the Collaborative Instructional Review Process takes practice, modeling, and consistent application to perfect the craft. That's why we work shoulder-to-shoulder with the leadership team at each school to make sure every instructional leader is prepared to identify observable indicators, capture accurate notes, and turn this data into actionable, accurate feedback.