- Planning &
- Curriculum Design &
- Data Teams®
Instruction & Intervention Systems
Instruction and Intervention Systems (IIS) ensure high levels of learning for all students at all readiness levels through the integration of elements from the most important and impactful initiatives within PreK-12 education.
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Special Education, Gifted Education, and Differentiated Instruction
Within Instruction and Intervention Systems, collaborative teams of educators ask:
- What student needs can we anticipate?
- How do we proactively plan and prepare for these needs?
As a result of our work together, leaders and teachers will learn about, plan for, design, and implement comprehensive sets of supports that meet all student needs, in the follow areas:
LEADING FROM EXPERIENCE
Dr. Chris Weber leads ICLE’s Instruction & Intervention Systems practice area, applying his extensive RTI expertise to support districts and schools in raising the level of learning for all students.
A native of Southern California, Chris has been in service to community and country his entire life. A graduate of the US Air Force Academy, he flew C-141s during his military career. A former high school, middle school, and elementary school teacher and administrator, Chris has a proven record of helping students who historically underachieve learn at extraordinarily high levels.
As a principal and school district leader in California and Chicago, Chris co-developed systems of RTI that have led to heretofore unrealized heights of learning at schools across the country. He is the best-selling author of RTI Roadmap, among numerous other school improvement titles, and is also a recognized expert in behavior and mathematics.
Our blended approach to professional learning includes the following opportunities:
- Face-to-Face Courses
- In-person courses build deep understanding and practice of the IIS.
- Job-Embedded Coaching
- Leadership and instructional coaches support personalized needs, ensuring sustainable impact and implementation fidelity.
RESULTS-DRIVEN PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
Our plan provides the optimal sequence and pacing for implementation success:
- ...what an effective and comprehensive IIS is, and is not
- ...your school and/or district needs and current realities
- ...the connection between IIS, growth mindsets, and high levels of learning for all students
- ...the inextricable link between learning communities and IIS
- ...for the integration of IIS with existing school and/or district priorities, practices, and initiatives
- ...for first steps through a self-assessment of current realities
- ...for the most effective and efficient implementation through a prioritization of needs
- ...systems of academic and behavioral supports at all tiers
- ...schedules that maximize the optimal allocation of time
- ...assignments that maximize the optimal allocation of personnel
- ...a comprehensive collection of resources, programs and strategies that meet predictable student needs
- ...rigorously designed systems of supports
- ...teacher teams and schoolwide RTI team meetings to problem-solve on behalf of students
- ...and communicate a coordinated set of services to support all students
- ...a process for monitor the efficacy of the educator supports and student response to instruction and intervention
- ...evidence-based adjustments to instructional and supplemental supports