- Planning &
- Curriculum Design &
- Data Teams®
Systemwide Support for English Learners
Preparing ELs for College and Career Success
ICLE’s English Learner practice area is grounded in the same belief that drives all of our professional learning work—that educational success requires systemwide alignment around instructional excellence, rooted in rigor, relevance, and relationships.
We understand that English learners face unique challenges, and that too often the learning needs of ELs are not adequately met.
That’s why ICLE works side by side with leaders and teachers to develop a growth mindset and the innovative practices that are essential for creating meaningful change. From initial needs assessment and strategic planning through to targeted coursework and coaching, our EL solutions follow a progression of learning designed to grow awareness, develop expertise, and establish sustainable change.
Our powerful professional learning partnerships equip leaders and teachers to:
- Define a school culture focused on rigorous learning for all students
- Develop a strategic action plan to drive engaging learning initiatives
- Integrate systemwide affective, linguistic, and cognitive EL supports
- Raise the level of rigor and relevance across all content areas
- Implement EL rubrics to support data-driven instructional planning
Extending Our Reach
HMH Family Engagement
For ELs, challenges with academic English often pose the main barrier to success in and out of school. Research demonstrates that when EL families and educators work together, students are able to reach their full potential.
This is the promise of HMH Family Engagement, the only comprehensive, ready-to-implement program committed to partnering with districts to engage and empower English learner families and their children across the life span of their education, from Pre-K through Grade 12, in order to raise achievement:
- Includes training for educators and the materials needed to conduct workshops with English learner families
current and confirmed researchand best practices
- Provides families with practical resources to help them understand U.S. schooling, resulting in the confidence to support their children’s academic English and overall achievement, both in and out of school
- Instills in educators a deeper understanding of the cultural influences and norms of the predominant EL cultures in the U.S.
- Offers grade-span specific materials for Pre-K, K–2, 3–5, 6–8, and 9–12
- Enables easy online access to family and educator resources